Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Music and Dance in Uganda


This photo post is over due, but now that I have returned to the land of fast internet and leisure time I have managed to seriously sift through my photos  and come up with a few that I wanted to share.  

One of my favorite aspects of Ugandan culture was the music and dance. Whether it was a live performance of the acholi traditional group, a night out at BJs (the local bar), or the wedding of Lindsay and Jeff, Ugandans truly know how to put people at ease through music. Below are some images of my favorite musical experiences while in Uganda.


While in Kampala we ran into a
local youth brass band




Traditional Dance Group in Kampala

The Children at The Future is Now Orphanage
dancing and singing to welcome us


Lindsay at her and Jeff's reception








No comments:

Post a Comment