Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It's not Good-bye, but Come Again

Over the past weeks we have made friends that have invited us to their houses, eating their foods, hearing their stories, and most importantly, we have become a part of their lives. It is that bonding that we have created that leaves no space for noticing time.  

These five weeks have given us an experience of a lifetime. These are the moments that will be most highlighted and remarkable in our college experience. We are wondering how life will be like as we return to the States and continue our regular college classes. Our perspectives have changed, our eyes have been opened. With this experience, our canvases of life have been redefined. We have added deep profound colors and unique strokes of experience. Gulu has been forever etched in the hearts and lives of ourselves and those we have met.

Below are words of farewell from some of the members of GSSAP 2013.

Kelsey Landis – “Gulu was fantastic and the community is so open and welcoming. They treated us like we were at home. I hope that everyone stays positive and wonderful. Much love to you. Apoyo.”
Kelsey Baker – “Good-bye, Gulu town. Thank you for making me feel like I was at home. And thank you for allowing me to learn so much about myself and all of you.”

Hannah Johnson – “My time in Gulu was unforgettable. I’m so grateful for all the many friendships I have built. Maybe one day I will be able to come back and reunite with my new friends.”
Anna-Claire Daniels – “I have found my second home. It is hard to leave- the miles are so many. But I know I will be back again one day. And until then, my heart is always with these wonderful people in Gulu.”

Michaela Moore – “I have had a wonderful experience and time here in Gulu. There is no such thing as good-byes. See you later.”
Hajie Sesay – “It’s been a great experience. And great experiences need to be revisited. So I will be back sometime in the future.”

Co-Authored by Stephanie Ader and Hajie Sesay

No comments:

Post a Comment